Tuesday, November 1, 2011

doing something hard > easy way out

To the guys I've liked, who completely dropped out of my life --

It IS hard to make a phone call, explaining that you're not that into me/don't want to be involved/ want to cut off contact.

It's hard, and uncomfortable and awkward, and you don't really know what to say. So, you don't like me anymore. You can't explain attraction. It's there or it isn't. Maybe you liked me a week ago, and today, not so much. Or life's circumstances arose, and.....yeah. Explaining something is hard.

But guess what? The injured party appreciates the thought. Also, the dignity of being recognized as a human worthy of a fucking phone call - which is not a lot, but also is.

So I picked up my cell phone and dialed his number, and said I'm sorry, I've been thinking about you the past few days, and I'm not ready for a relationship. And I'm sorry, I really am, it's me and my own issues, and you're a really nice guy, and I feel bad - but it's just the way it is.

It's better than the coward's way out, is all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment